This policy is in place to explain how we protect your privacy. This policy covers data collected through this website.
Our website address is: wornworkshop.com.
This website (www.wornworkshop.com) is owned and operated by Morag Seaton and Abigail Jubb. Throughout this document the terms ‘us’, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refer to the Worn organisation, which is currently run solely by Morag Seaton and Abigail Jubb.
Worn may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page regularly to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org This policy is effective from August 22nd 2020.
By providing Worn with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Worn is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, share information when you correspond with us or use our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
‘Personal data’ means any data that may identify you. Different pieces of information, which when collected together can lead to the identification of an individual, is also personal data. We collect the personal data that is needed for us to carry out the services requested, improve our services, maintain our accounts and where we are required by law.
You may provide personal data to us when we conduct meetings in person or online, contact us by phone or email or via video chat (ie. Zoom), answer questionnaires or feedback, or when you engage in our services including Worn workshops and consultancy. This personal data may include name, age, phone number, address, gender and any correspondence when you contact us.
We also collect personal information from you when you sign up for our mailing list. By subscribing to our mailing list you are consenting permission for us to send marketing and promotional materials.
You warrant that the information you give us is true, accurate and current and you shall inform us of any changes made to it. You shall not pretend to be any other person when providing us with this information.
Personal Data may also include imagery, photographs, design files, trade secrets, documents, spreadsheets and sensitive data such as usernames, passwords and financial information. If you have hired us to provide services, or when we have been hired to work together with other service providers, we will need to collect personal data from you in order to carry out these services.
We know that our users care about how their personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. We want you to know that we do not sell, rent, or trade our email lists or information with other companies and/or businesses for marketing purposes.
Worn may occasionally obtain IP addresses from users depending upon how you access our website. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for these purposes:
Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
Estimate the total number of users visiting Worn's website from specific geographical regions. Help determine which users have access privileges to certain content, services or resources that we offer. Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
How do we use your personal information?
We use personal data provided to us for the purposes of carrying out our Worn services, and to keep our clients and community up to date with important information related to these services.
We will use this data in a transparent manner, using a common sense approach and only on lawful grounds, for the likes of:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety on our website.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you. On occasion, we may send marketing communications related to the services we provide.
- Where we are required by law to keep accurate and up to date records of our business accounts and transactions. When you work with us, you may be added to our accounting system.
- As required by any other applicable laws or legal requirements in connection with records retention or for internal administrative purposes.
- Unless you explicitly ask otherwise, we may use your data to promote our business or showcase our work. For example, to include examples of work we carried out for you including some of the details, aims and challenges of the project. We will of course, use a common-sense approach as to what types of work are suitable to display.
- With your consent we may refer clients or potential employees to you for references or recommendations. We may also publish testimonials on our website and/or folio, but only as provided by you with your consent.
- We may store the personal information that you give to us in our databases. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using the services.
For users attending a Worn workshop, we will use your personal data for internal record keeping, to contact you with the appropriate information in regards to workshop times, details and expectations, to contact you post-workshop to request feedback and participation in the Worn archive if desired. Unless you explicitly ask otherwise, workshops will be recorded and may be transcribed at a later time. We may publish transcriptions from the workshop on our website, folio and/or social media however only as provided by you with your consent. We will use your personal information to contact you to obtain this consent.
Sharing your personal information
We share your personal information with third parties to help us use your personal information, as described above. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand how our visitors use wornworkshop.com – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here:
We may also share your personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to any lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Change of Purpose
If Worn needs to use your personal data for a purpose unrelated to the purpose for which we collected the data, we will notify you and explain the legal ground of processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
You can see more about these rights on the ICO website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at:
Third party links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave the Worn website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
The website may place cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online experience for our users, and some collect information about browsing behaviour.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and app. The ICO provide an extensive explanation of the ways that you can block cookies, please visit
https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ for more information on how to block cookies.
For more information about our privacy practices or if you have questions, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com